1. Accept everything just the way it is.
2. Do not seek pleasure for its own sake.
3. Do not, under any circumstances, depend on a partial feeling.
4. Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.
5. Be detached from desire your whole life long.
6. Do not regret what you have done.
7. Never be jealous.
8. Never let yourself be saddened by a separation.
9. Resentment and complaint are appropriate neither for oneself nor others.
10. Do not let yourself be guided by the feeling of lust or love.
11. In all things have no preferences.
12. Be indifferent to where you live.
13. Do not pursue the taste of good food.
14. Do not hold on to possessions you no longer need.
15. Do not act following customary beliefs.
16. Do not collect weapons or practice with weapons beyond what is useful.
17. Do not fear death.
18. Do not seek to possess either goods or fiefs for your old age.
19. Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help.
20. You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your honour.
21. Never stray from the Way.
Do you live to work
Or do you work to live
We need to work to live
We also live to work
We all have ‘work’ to do
That is why we are here
Your work is your destiny
Your calling; your passion
You’ll know if your doing your work or not
If you are not, doubt nibbles away at your insides
The thoughts gnaw on your mind
If you are doing your work they are sated
You feel content; peaceful; fulfilled
Your work is like a great love; you just know.
One of the most powerful things you can do is speak your truth with conviction and believe in yourself and where you are going at 100%.
If you are wishy washy, the universe responds to you with more wishy washy. However if you are focused on your intent and you believe what you believe at 100% and you strongly speak your truth to others around you, then this conviction and believe flows outward from you to the people and the world around you.
The universe responds with an amazing sense of flow and provides incredible resources when YOU take action towards your goals and focus on your intent at 100%; when you do that manifestation just happens! It is like when you walk forward, even just one step at a time, the road builds itself in front of you.
Then as you walk this path, as you speak your truth to others, as you believe and focus at 100%, you become stronger, and the people around you also become clearer in their beliefs, and they may even walk alongside you if you have the same intent.
You only draw like minded people by being yourself and walking your path. The universe gives you what you need; when you focus on your intent and believe in it at 100%.
That is how you create the road that you call ‘your path’. This is how you manifest. And that is how you grow your self belief, work towards your goals, and find like minded people. You choose.
~ Amanda Jeffs - Teacher and Writer ~
What is it about the world
that makes you want to explore
makes you dream
makes you thirst
makes you scream
makes you want to do more?
what makes you happy every day?
for me it’s the little things along the way
a smile, a hug, a hand to hold
the support and friendship that makes you bold
life is about living, it’s about feeling alive
it’s about doing less, and being more, and feeling the vibe
it’s about slowing down, and moving forward too
it’s about loving those around you for who they are
it’s about having compassion and kindness
realise every moment in life brings the most mindfulness
slow down and focus your intent, and let your passion catch you
clear your mind, and use your wisdom
love those around you, realise what you bring to them
give more than you take, leave love in your wake
every day is a chance, to leave the world a better place
~ Amanda Jeffs - Writer and Teacher ~
Thought is not thinking.
Thought is created by thinking of the past or the future.
With thought we have a sense of anticipation or expectation that this thought will create something, and when it doesn’t we get disappointment.
Thinking on the other hand, when done properly, is more deliberate and you can increase your thoughts’ power.
The more you don’t use your thought to create in a focused way the more it scatters, and becomes random and weak.
The more random our thoughts get, the more we get dissapointed, the more we get frustrated.
Frustration is the core that creates anger, impatience, judgement, jealously, etc.
To release that messy thought, you can start by saying ‘I accept I allow I release’ for 10-30mins a day.
This clears your thinking and allows you to become more focused in your intent, and become clearer within yourself.
Then when you have a focused intent, with no attachment to the outcome, then you can start to really manifest things.